Say “Hello” to Meg Sums, who’s the creative mastermind behind a local clothing label called Fabric. We asked Meg a few questions to find out a little more about her and her amazing brand.
- How long have you been designing clothes? I think I’ve been designing clothes for at least ten years, loosing track of time…
- What are you most inspired by? My inspirations come from anything Japanese, crazy prints, vintage detailing and my mom
- Your label is called ‘Fabric’ can one assume that fabric, textures and prints play a large role in the brand? Yep! It’s is all about the feel and look of the fabric.
- I’ve always like that you make a limited amount of your styles, is this intentional or is it purely based on the availability of fabric? I like my designs to feel exclusive and because I play a big part in the production I can only make a certain amount before it starts evolving into something else. And yes, I spend lots of time looking for unusual and natural fabrics and generally they are just limited amounts, it feels special and part of me when there are just a few.
- What can we expect to see from you for Summer 2012/13? Very colourful African prints, contrasting stitching, late mid century influence and pockets.
Awesome, we’re looking forward to seeing more of your original and interesting designs.
Here are a few photos of Meg’s latest styles.
*All images are courtesy of Meg Sums.