This week we’d like you to say “Hello” to one of the local jewellery designers that we stock in our store.
We asked a Famke a few questions and this is what she had to say:
- How long have you been designing jewellery and how long as your brand be been going for? I’ve been designing for almost four years and my brand has been around for almost a year.
- What are some of the challenges you facing now what you’ve got your own brand? Keeping up with the demand! Finding motivation to go into the studio on beautiful summers days, but seeing the appreciation and excitement shown by my loyal followers makes it all worth it
- When designing what are you most inspired by, do you design your collections/ranges with a specific story behind them or do you simply make whatever you want? I’m inspired by geometric shapes and angular lines as well as natural, more rustic objects (bones!!!). All of my bespoke and more intricate pieces have stories behind them, but my more simple things and mass produced jewels are just things I find pretty.
- What materials do you mostly use and what, if any would you like to use more/experiment with? I mostly work in brass and silver, Id love to make my own felt and work with that, incorporating it with the precious metals.
- What can we expect to see from you for Summer 2012/13? Summers going to be all about bones and diamonds!
Here are a few photos of Famke’s beautiful jewels.